The .NET Framework is a part of modern Microsoft Windows operating systems, which provides a large system of pre-coded solutions to common program requirements. It manages execution of programs written specifically for the framework. The .NET Framework is intended to be used by most new applications created for the Windows platform. The pre-coded solutions cover a large range of programming needs in areas including: user interface, data access,database connectivity, web application development, cryptography, network communications and numerical algorithms, and network communications. The class library is used by programmers to combine their own code with the framework to produce applications.
Advanatage of .NET Framework
Microsoft created .NET Framework is an innovative platform that has brought about a paradigmatic shift in the arena of application development.
1) Easier possibility of development of alternative versions that will work on other operating system apart from the Windows.
2) No restriction on type of applications.
3) .NET would provide a common security model for all applications.
4) Allows creation of Windows applications, Web applications, Web services etc.
5) The .NET Framework can be used from any language.
6) The course offers live projects on Windows and Web Platform.
7) A design goal of the .NET Framework is to remain platform agnostic, and thus be cross platformcompatible.
8) High level of versatility and attractive prospects.